If you’ve owned your own business or you have strong marketing skills, and you’d like to learn the how-to of food production in this region, then earning your Entrepreneurial Agriculture Production Certificate is the perfect next step.
After completing this certificate, you’ll be able to:
- Explain the science behind plant growth and soil health, and how to improve both through ecologically sustainable methods.
- Start fruit and vegetable plants from seed and from cuttings, in preparation for small- and mid-scale farm production.
- Take advantage of season extension methods like hoop houses or high tunnels.
- Recognize pest and disease pressure in plant crops.
- Harvest, wash, and pack vegetables for best shelf life and delivery to grocers/chefs.