Opening new markets for farmers and connecting consumers to sources of locally-grown food
The Buy Fresh Buy Local Central Illinois Chapter was created in 2000 with the intent of strengthening the local food movement, increasing consumer access to nutritious local food, and supporting local farmers with a commitment to raising products in a sustainable, environmentally and morally conscientious manner. Farmers, restaurants, retailers, and other businesses with a commitment to buying and selling locally can join at any time. Members receive:
• A listing in the bi-annual Buy Fresh Buy Local Directory with a minimum printing of 5,000 copies to be distributed through community events, retailers, farmers’ markets, and many other locations.
• Your own profile page on the Buy Fresh Buy Local Central Illinois website, including details about your business, pictures, and a map to your location.
• Assistance with marketing, including help with special event, sales, and product marketing through the website, e-newsletter, and social media accounts (facebook and twitter), and Featured Farmer articles that will headline the Buy Fresh Buy Local website and e-newsletters
• All-weather, laminated window sign featuring the colorful Buy Fresh Buy Local Central Illinois logo
• Buy Fresh Buy Local Member window sticker
• A CD of BFBL images and marketing tools (signs, labels, price tags) for use on your own print and online advertising materials
• Opportunity to be involved with the “Local Flavors” farm-to-table dinner series which helps bring locally produced foods to Central Illinois restaurants
• Opportunity to attend Chef-Farmer Mixers through Central Illinois
• Participation in a professional and well-researched marketing campaign (Buy Fresh Buy Local is a national campaign and there are chapters in every state) that promotes consumer awareness of the importance of locally-grown products